Earnings
January 18, 2019 - MKP
New! MCAN Mortgage Corp. -Q3-2018 Earnings & Price Target Update .....
January 17, 2019 - AI
Atrium Mortgage Investment Corp. Q3-2018 Earnings -Price Target Forecast .....
January 16, 2019 - FC
Firm Capital Mortgage Investment Corp. Q3-2018 Earmings - Price Target Fore .....
January 15, 2019 - SJR.B
Shaw Communications Inc. Fiscal Q1-2019 Earnings & Price Target Forecast .....
January 13, 2019 - CRT.UN
CT Real Estate Investment Trust - Q3-2018 Earnings & Price Target Forecast .....
January 12, 2019 - NVU.UN
Northview Apartment REIT-Q3-2018 Earnings & Price Target Forecast .....
January 11, 2019 - GRT.UN
Granite REIT- Q3-2018 Earnings & Price Target Forecast .....
January 10, 2019 - RUF.UN
Pure Multi Family REIT - Q3-2018 Earnings, Price Target Forecast .....
Recommendation Changes
MKP, AI, RUF.UN, HOT.UN, BPY.UN, more...

Pizza Pizza Royalty Corp. 2017 Earnings & Price Target Update

This is only a sample of the article, please login to view the entire article

Pizza Pizza Royalty Corp.(PZA) earns revenues from a royalty based on sales from Pizza Pizza outlets mainly in Ontario and Pizza 73 quick service pizza restaurants in Alberta. Pizza Pizza has 652 outlets and 108 for Pizza 73. Revenues for Pizza Pizza Royalty Corp.(PZA) are based on collecting a 6% royalty on Pizza Pizza restaurant system sales and 9% on Pizza 73 restaurant system sales included in the Royalty Pool. Pizza Pizza restaurants are franchise oriented restaurants and Pizza 73 Restaurants are owned and operated as independent businesses with each restaurant being a corporation equally owned by an independent Owner/Operator and Pizza Pizza Ltd. For Pizza Pizza Litd. there are three revenue sources; food sales, royalty payments and profits from the 50% ownership in the Pizza 73 restaurants. For Pizza Pizza Royalty Corp.(PZA) the only revenue source is the royalty on franchise fees. Pizza Pizza, operates largely in Ontario while Pizza 73, operates mainly in Alberta and Saskatchewan. Since 2006 the Royalty Pool has increased from 501 restaurants to 783 as of Dec-31-2017. Pizza Pizza contributes 80% of annual sales, Pizza 73 the remaining 20%. The Pizza Pizza and Pizza 73 restaurants are subject to seasonal variations in their business. Pizza Pizza Royalty Corp.(PZA) owns approximately 80% of the Pizza Pizza Royalty LP and Pizza Pizza Ltd., a private company held by management owns 20%.

Traditional Pizza Pizza Restaurants feature self-service counters with a majority of its renovated restaurants ranging in size from 1,600 to 3,000 square feet, with seating for approximately 25 customers. Traditional Pizza 73 Restaurants are approximately 1,200 sq. ft. with limited seating. Traditional restaurants also support take-out and delivery service. The Company seeks to locate these restaurants in high traffic and high visibility locations that are easily accessible. Non-traditional restaurants feature a more limited menu and are targeted to "captured traffic" locations. Non-traditional restaurants typically offer counter service and are oriented to individual purchases by walk-in customers.

Pizza Pizza is a franchise-oriented restaurant business operating primarily in Ontario in which it dominates the pizza quick service restaurant (QSR) segment. Of the 652 Pizza Pizza restaurants at Dec-31-2017, 645 are franchised or licensed and 7 are owned and operated as corporate restaurants. Of the 652 restaurants, 231 are non-traditional locations which have limited operating hours and a limited menu.

You must be a member to view the entire article, please subscribe or login


Login
Username
Password
New Issues & Acquisition
January 18, 2019
New! Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes - Jan 11-18, 2019
January 17, 2019
New! TD Bank Preferred Share 5.2% Rate Reset New Issue
January 14, 2019
New! CIBC 5.2% Rate Reset Preferred Share New Issue
January 11, 2019
Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes - Jan 4-11, 2019
January 4, 2019
Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes - Dec 28 - Jan 4, 2019
December 28, 2018
Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes - Dec 21-28, 2018
December 21, 2018
Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes - Dec 14-21, 2018
December 14, 2018
Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes Dec 7-14, 2018