Earnings
June 22, 2018 - MSI
New! Morneau Shepell Inc. Q1-2018 Earnings & Price Target Update .....
June 21, 2018 - CAR.UN
New! CAP REIT - Q1-2018 Earnings & Price Target Update .....
June 20, 2018 - ACR.UN
Agellan Commercial REIT - Q1-2018 Earnings & Price Target Update .....
June 19, 2018 - CUF.UN
Cominar REIT - Q1-2018 Earnings & Price Target Update .....
June 17, 2018 - SIA
Sienna Senior Living Inc. Q1-2018 Earnings & Price Target Update .....
June 16, 2018 - BLX
Boralex Inc. - Q3-2018 Earnings & Price Target Update .....
June 14, 2018 - PBH
Premium Brands Holding Corp. Q1-2018 Earnings & Price Target Update .....
June 13, 2018 - FTS
Fortis Inc. Q1-2018 Earnings - Price Target Update .....
Recommendation Changes
ACR.UN, CUF.UN, BLX, EMA, KWH.UN, more...

Fortis Inc. Q1-2018 Earnings - Price Target Update

This is only a sample of the article, please login to view the entire article

Fortis is a North American electric and gas utility business, operating in five Canadian provinces, nine U.S. states and three Caribbean countries. Total assets have increased to $49B as of Mar-31-2018 from $29B mainly from the acquisition of ITC Holdings Corp in Nov-2016. Approximately 90% of revenues are from rate regulated natural gas and electric utilities with the remaining 10% are comprised of long-term contracted hydroelectric generation operations. The regulated utilities serve more than 3.3M customers across Canada and in the United States and the Caribbean. Approximately 60% of adjusted net income is in US dollars and 35% in Canadian with the balance from Caribbean operations. The $49B in assets includes the $11.8B(US) acquisition in Nov-2016 of ITC, the largest independent owner of transmission lines in the US. ITC owns and operates high-voltage transmission facilities in Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma. The largest business segments are ITC, UNS and Fortis(Alberta) contributing 30%, 25% and 10% respectively. The capital budget for 2017 was $3.1B and $15.1B for the next 5 years. Dividends are forecast to increase by 6% annually.

Business Segments

The regulated electric utilities in Canada are comprised of FortisAlberta, FortisBC Electric, and Eastern Canadian Electric Utilities (Newfoundland Power, Maritime Electric and FortisOntario). The Canadian regulated Gas Utility companies include Fortis distribution utilities serving Victoria, the Okanagan and Whistler, BC. FortisOntario mainly includes Canadian Niagara Power Inc., Cornwall Street Railway, Light and Power Company, Limited and Algoma Power Inc. Regulated Electric Utilities in the Caribbean are comprised of Caribbean Utilities, in which Fortis holds a 60% controlling interest, and two wholly owned utilities in the Turks and Caicos Islands, FortisTCI Limited and Turks and Caicos Utilities Limited. Fortis Generation includes the financial non-regulated generation assets in Belize, British Columbia, Upstate New York and Ontario.

You must be a member to view the entire article, please subscribe or login


Login
Username
Password
New Issues & Acquisition
June 23, 2018
New! Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes June 15-22, 2018
June 15, 2018
Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes June 8-15, 2018
June 13, 2018
Firm Capital Mortgage Investment Trust - New Convertible Debenture
June 9, 2018
Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes June 1-8, 2018
June 6, 2018
Exchange Income Corp. 5.35% Convertible Debentures New Issue
June 2, 2018
Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes May 25 - June 1, 2018
May 31, 2018
New Issue - National Bank of Canada 4.95% Rate Reset Preferred Shares
May 25, 2018
Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes May 18-25, 2018