Earnings
January 18, 2019 - MKP
New! MCAN Mortgage Corp. -Q3-2018 Earnings & Price Target Update .....
January 17, 2019 - AI
Atrium Mortgage Investment Corp. Q3-2018 Earnings -Price Target Forecast .....
January 16, 2019 - FC
Firm Capital Mortgage Investment Corp. Q3-2018 Earmings - Price Target Fore .....
January 15, 2019 - SJR.B
Shaw Communications Inc. Fiscal Q1-2019 Earnings & Price Target Forecast .....
January 13, 2019 - CRT.UN
CT Real Estate Investment Trust - Q3-2018 Earnings & Price Target Forecast .....
January 12, 2019 - NVU.UN
Northview Apartment REIT-Q3-2018 Earnings & Price Target Forecast .....
January 11, 2019 - GRT.UN
Granite REIT- Q3-2018 Earnings & Price Target Forecast .....
January 10, 2019 - RUF.UN
Pure Multi Family REIT - Q3-2018 Earnings, Price Target Forecast .....
Recommendation Changes
MKP, AI, RUF.UN, HOT.UN, BPY.UN, more...

Fortis Inc. Q3-2018 Earnings - Price Target Update

This is only a sample of the article, please login to view the entire article

Fortis is a North American electric and gas utility business, operating in five Canadian provinces, nine U.S. states and three Caribbean countries. Total assets have increased to $50B as of Sept-30-2018 from $29B mainly from the acquisition of ITC Holdings Corp in Nov-2016 and annual capital spending of about $3.5B. Approximately 90% of revenues are from rate regulated natural gas and electric utilities with the remaining 10% comprised of long-term contracted hydroelectric generation operations. The regulated utilities serve more than 3.3M customers across Canada and in the United States and the Caribbean. Approximately 65% of forecast adjusted net income is in US dollars and 30% in Canadian with the balance from Caribbean operations. The $50B in assets includes the $11.8B(US) acquisition in Nov-2016 of ITC, the largest independent owner of transmission lines in the US. ITC owns and operates high-voltage transmission facilities in Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma. The largest business segments are ITC, UNS and Fortis (Alberta) contributing 30%, 25% and 10% respectively. Dividends are forecast to increase by 6% annually consistent with previous forecasts.

Business Segments

The regulated electric utilities in Canada are comprised of FortisAlberta, FortisBC Electric, and Eastern Canadian Electric Utilities (Newfoundland Power, Maritime Electric and FortisOntario). The Canadian regulated Gas Utility companies include Fortis distribution utilities serving Victoria, the Okanagan and Whistler, BC. FortisOntario mainly includes Canadian Niagara Power Inc., Cornwall Street Railway, Light and Power Company, Limited and Algoma Power Inc. Regulated Electric Utilities in the Caribbean are comprised of Caribbean Utilities, in which Fortis holds a 60% controlling interest, and two wholly owned utilities in the Turks and Caicos Islands, FortisTCI Limited and Turks and Caicos Utilities Limited. Fortis Generation includes the financial non-regulated generation assets in Belize, British Columbia, Upstate New York and Ontario.

You must be a member to view the entire article, please subscribe or login


Login
Username
Password
New Issues & Acquisition
January 18, 2019
New! Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes - Jan 11-18, 2019
January 17, 2019
New! TD Bank Preferred Share 5.2% Rate Reset New Issue
January 14, 2019
New! CIBC 5.2% Rate Reset Preferred Share New Issue
January 11, 2019
Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes - Jan 4-11, 2019
January 4, 2019
Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes - Dec 28 - Jan 4, 2019
December 28, 2018
Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes - Dec 21-28, 2018
December 21, 2018
Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes - Dec 14-21, 2018
December 14, 2018
Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes Dec 7-14, 2018