Earnings
April 17, 2019 - BNS
New! Bank of Nova Scotia, Q1-2019 Earnings & Price Target Update .....
April 17, 2019 - RY
New! Royal Bank of Canada - Q1-2019 Earnings, Price Target Update .....
April 16, 2019 - TD
New! TD Bank - Q1-2019 Earnings, Price Target Update .....
April 14, 2019 - HR.UN
H&R REIT - 2018 Earnings & Price Target Update .....
April 13, 2019 - AX.UN
Artis REIT - 2018 Earnings, Price Target Forecast .....
April 11, 2019 - TA
Transalta Corporation - 2018 Earnings, Brookfield Offer .....
April 9, 2019 - RNW
Transalta Renewables Inc. - 2018 Earnings & Price Target Forecast .....
April 7, 2019 - INE
Innergex Renewable Energy 2018 Earnings & Price Target Update .....
Recommendation Changes
AX.UN, PEGI, NPI, NFI, ALA, more...

Transalta Renewables Inc. - 2018 Earnings & Price Target Forecast

This is only a sample of the article, please login to view the entire article

TransAlta Renewables (RNW) is a Canadian based independent renewable power generation company. They own interests in 20 wind facilities, 13 hydroelectric facilities, seven natural gas generation facilities and one natural gas pipeline in Australia, representing an ownership interest of 2,414 MW of net generating capacity. Facilities are located in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Québec, New Brunswick, Wyoming and the Western Australia. Assets owned directly comprised $1.8B and held as interests with Transalta Corp. are $1.5B. TransAlta Corp(TA) manages and operates these facilities under the terms of a Management, Administrative and Operational Services Agreement. Transalta Renewables has an economic interest in but not direct ownership of, the Australian Assets, the Wyoming Wind farm, the Lakeswind wind farm and the Mass Solar solar projects. They also have an economic interest in the Big Level US wind development project, and the Antrim US wind development project. The 29 MW Antrim US wind development project was acquired in Q1-2019. Wind powered facilities located in Canada contribute 43% of production, hydro – 6%, natural gas fueled -17% for a total of 66%. US wind and solar comprise 7% and Australian natural gas fueled facilities at 20%. Total assets as of Dec-31-2016 were compared to $3.7B at Dec-31-2018. Earnings fluctuate with seasonal variations, with the first and fourth quarters seeing the largest wind volumes. Transalta maintains a 60% interest compared to about 80% compared to when they initially formed Transalta Renewables. A secondary offering on Jul-19-2017 representing 7% was likely from Transalta Corp., the Alberta Investment Management Corp. maintains an 8% interest.

Capital Development

Capital spending for 2018 was approximately $65M to acquire the 90 MW Big Level wind facility, the 29 MW Antrim wind investment, a 21 MW Solar investment, 50 MW Lakes wind investment and the 20 MW Kent Breeze wind facility.

You must be a member to view the entire article, please subscribe or login


Login
Username
Password
New Issues & Acquisition
April 18, 2019
New! Surge Energy Inc 6.75% Convertible Debenture New Issue
April 12, 2019
New! Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes - Apr. 5-12, 2019
April 8, 2019
Bank of Montreal 5.1% Rate Reset Preferred Share New Isssue
April 5, 2019
Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes - Mar 29-Apr 5, 2019
March 29, 2019
Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes - Mar 22-29, 2019
March 28, 2019
Element Financial Corp. 4.25% Convertible Debenture New Issue
March 22, 2019
Coverage Universe - Weekly Price Changes - Mar 15-22, 2019
March 21, 2019
Atrium Mortgage Investment Corporation - New Convertible Debenture